Old-Fashioned Bake Sale ~ A Little Help From My Friends

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Remember the old Beatles song ---

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm, gonna try with a little help from my friends
Yes I get by with a little help from my friends,
with a little help from my friends...........

This week got away from me with no baking AT ALL. Here I go offering excuses....I think it a good excuse, but still an excuse, lol...my sweet friend at work was getting her daughter ready to go off to college so I covered for her and worked more hours than I planned to (and didn't take my usual Thursday off). I had plans to do a wonderful (baking) product review and kick-off my giveaway (which will include aformentioned (baking) product). SO, instead of rushing thru, I am working on that post for NEXT Friday and this week am going to share what my SWEET friends have baking in their kitchens. All of these gals are top-notch bakers and these recipe all would be perfect for bake sale fare or a sweet treat for your family and friends!

Thank you Kim, Lynn, Linda, Tina and Linda! Be sure to check in with me next friday for a great product review, a 2011 update of one of my Grandma's tried and true recipes AND a giveaway!!

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake from Kim @ A Well-Seasoned Life


Lemon Zucchini Bread from Lynn @ Happier Than A Pig in Mud


Oreo Cupcakes From Linda @ Lemon Drop


White Chocolate Cherry Sweet Bread from Tina @ Mommy's Kitchen

Apple Slab AND
Strawberry Lemonade Scones from Linda @ Prairie Flower Farm

7 comments:

  1. Kim McCallie said...:

    Thanks for highlighting my cheesecake, Gayle! All of the desserts look wonderful. That Apple Slab has really put me in the fall spirit. Looks delicious!

  1. Thanks so much for the shout-out Gail, you sure brought a smile to my face! I look forward to seeing what you're working on for next week:@)

  1. Oh yum! You are killing me with this post.

  1. Debbie said...:

    The only question is, which one should I try first?

    I'm thinking scones...

  1. Shug said...:

    Great recipes....I know I would love them all, but my weakness is scones...
    Gotta try this one..
    thanks for sharing.
    shug

  1. bj said...:

    OMYGOSH...these all look so yummy.
    It is 4 in the morning and I am UP...now, I am HUNGRY..:)
    XO bj

  1. Kathleen said...:

    Yum, that Apple slab is calling me!

    Looking forward to your product review!

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.