10 Things I LOVE about Autumn!!

Friday, October 7, 2011
Okay, I've been yammering on and on about how autumn is my favorite season. Then I saw Miss Marcia at Blessed Mom's Simple Life listed her top 10 for fall -- got me to thinking about just WHAT are my favorites of the season.

1. Sunrises & Sunsets ~ oh, the glorious colors of fall! I've really been enjoying a evening cuppa on the porch as the sun goes down.

2. Apples & Pears ~ nuff said!!

3. Warming drinks - spiced cider, cocoas, hot teas and my new favorite Pumpkin Spice K-Cups!

4. Jeans & Boots ~ I still love you capris and flip-flops BUT won't cya til next summer!


5. Pumpkins ~ this years favorites are the cinderella whites and the warty ones. Thanks Rose for such gorgeous pumpkins this year!

6. Woolen anything ~ shirts, socks, sweaters, scarves, etc.

7. Candles ~ I hardly ever light them in the summer months but as soon as the days grow shorter and cooler, the candles are lit. They add so much cozy factor to my home!

8. Quilts ~ Stacks of them at the ready for warming cold toes!

Photo credit: www.huskers.com
9. HUSKER FOOTBALL - GO BIG RED!!

10. THANKSGIVING -- MY MOST FAVORITE HOLIDAY!!

Is fall your favorite season? Do you have a top 10 list?

13 comments:

  1. soraya3 ღ said...:

    hi friend nice pics...i also love thanksgiving..not because the festivistys..but then im off work and can have time with my family and make my home nice for us..thanks for sharing...loves soraya

  1. Marigene said...:

    I have to agree with most of your top 10 things to love about autumn...I have to add a few of things:
    Soup weather
    Beautifully colored leaves
    Crisp clear air

    Have a great weekend, Gail!

  1. Mecky said...:

    I like Fall, but my favorite season is Spring!!

  1. I love all those too! Fall is my favorite season. You forgot jumping in leaves!
    Yvonne

  1. Gayle said...:

    I will have to think on the top ten list but you got several of them! This is my first time visiting your farm/blog. How lovely and inspiring!
    Blessings,
    Gayle from Behind the Gate

  1. Liza Jane said...:

    ahhhh! I'm so jealous! I love in Thailand now and we have no seasons, just hot and rainy or hot and dry. I am missing all the little things right now. Thanks for your pictures!

  1. Love me some fall! You have a great list Gail, let's add apple pie to it too:@)

  1. Tina said...:

    Wow! We do have a lot in common...except I don't drink coffee (although I love the smell of it!) and I don't watch football, so therefore I don't know who the huskers are. But as for the rest of your list...it's the same as mine! I would have to substitute in Comfort Foods and crisp mornings!
    I LOVE FALL!

  1. Jane said...:

    Love this post! Autumn is my favorite season, too.

    Jane at frugalfineliving.com
    Join us on Facebook!

  1. Mimi said...:

    Fall is my favorite season. I love your list of ten, it will get me thinking about mine.
    Mimi

  1. I love the colors of fall, and the crisp cool air is refreshing after a long summer. I love spiced candles, pumpkins, and warm, steaming casseroles placed in the middle of a set supper table. I love rich apple cider and a slice of fresh warm pie. I love supersoft socks and homemade quilts while watching Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving. Happy Fall!!!

  1. Thanks for the mention Gail :) I think you've got a great list here. I was back in capris and flip flops today though. Our little taste of Fall left as quickly as it arrived, but it will be back for good soon, I know.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

  1. B&B Brugge said...:

    wow beautiful all pictures and nice posting. lovely your 10 things awesome sharing

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.