Old-Fasioned Bake Sale ~ Caramel-Pecan-Pumpkin Bread Pudding

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Okay, bread pudding probably is a stretch for a bake sale but the fact that these are individual servings brings into the realm of MY possiblities :)

So now it is confession time -- I haven't made this recipe YET. I am having company this weekend and this recipe is from my Pinterest to-try folder. How can you go wrong with bread pudding, pumpkin AND caramel -- simply has to be YUMMY (HOPING my company thinks so)!! Since I didn't have anything else prepared for this week, I figured I'd just go ahead and share the recipe a week earlier than I had actually planned to and we can all try it together. I'll report back after the weekend :)

Happy Baking!!

photo credit: Southern Living


Caramel-Pecan-Pumpkin Bread Pudding
(Printable Version)

BREAD PUDDINGS:
4 large eggs
2 (15-oz.) cans pumpkin
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup half-and-half
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (12-oz.) French bread loaf, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 10 cups)

CARAMEL-PECAN SAUCE:
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Prepare Bread Puddings: Whisk together eggs and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl until well blended. Add bread pieces, stirring to thoroughly coat. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill 8 to 24 hours. Preheat oven to 350°. Spoon bread mixture into 11 (6-oz.) lightly greased ramekins. (Ramekins will be completely full, and mixture will mound slightly.) Place on an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes, shielding with foil after 30 minutes. During last 15 minutes of baking, prepare Caramel-Pecan Sauce: Heat pecans in a medium skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Cook brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and pecans. Remove bread puddings from oven; drizzle with Caramel-Pecan Sauce. Bake 5 minutes or until sauce is thoroughly heated and begins to bubble.

Sharing at Honey's Potpourri Party AND Miss Michael's Foodie Friday!

15 comments:

  1. Honey at 2805 said...:

    I love bread pudding, so if it's not acceptable, just send it my way, ok? Thanks for the receipe!

    Thank you for linking to Potpourri Friday. I participation is appreciated!

  1. No doubt everyone will love this Gail! Have fun:@)

  1. Pam said...:

    This is going in my Thanksgiving dinner file. Anything with caramel on it is a good thing!

  1. Sandra J said...:

    Looks really yummy - going to have to try it. My husband loves bread pudding - his grandmother raised him for much of his child hood and she made it almost every weekend to use up left over bread from the week. I think it brings back good memories for him :0)

  1. oh it just looks so cozy!! yummmy!! i made apple dumplings today...but honey your dessert was the BOMB!!
    blessings,
    rebecca

  1. Debbie said...:

    Oh goodness, this combines some of my very favorite things. I love (LOVE) bread pudding, and I'm a pumpkin freak to boot.

  1. La said...:

    Oh my. I love bread pudding and this one sound fantastic.

    Be sure to stop by and check out my giveaway.

  1. I am no fan of Bread Pudding, infact dislike it, but your ingredients or caramel, pecan amd pumpkin sound so delicious, I would try this.

  1. Kathleen said...:

    Looks delicious! I have a stale loaf of sourdough bread in the frig. Do you think it would work? It's either that or breadcrumbs!

  1. jAne said...:

    oh wow this looks *good*!
    i need .. yes, need .. to make this. :o)

  1. I have this same beautiful image pinned too! Doesn't it sound just heavenly! I'm sure your company will love this sweet treat!
    Yvonne

  1. Bread pudding is so yummy and this version looks so good. Joni

  1. Shug said...:

    In my opinion, you can not go wrong with bread pudding! And to add caramel and pecans to it....is sensational...
    I know your company will definitely enjoy this dessert...
    Hugs
    shug

  1. bj said...:

    GREAT BALLS OF FIRE, WOMAN...this HAS to be the BEST bread pudding, ever.
    Won't this be good on a Thanksgiving dessert table. Yep..it surely will.
    Thanks...
    xoxo

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.